Historie

1955

Company established as "METOBA", Heinrich Hering Metalloberflächenbearbeitung.

1958

Move to the current location in Königsberger Straße.

1981

Construction of a new production shop for several barrel electroplating installations.

1988

Awarded the "Gütezeichen Galvanotechnik" as the first company in the Federal Republic of Germany for gold and silver electroplating (RAL-RG 660/S and 660/7).

1989

Acquisition of the office building at Königsberger Str. 25.

1992

First installation for coating continuous strip enters service.

1993

Company expands to Königsberger Str. 33.

1996

First certification of the quality management system to DIN EN ISO 9002.

1998

New shipping store built. First own-designed strip installation is completed.

1999

First certification of the eco management system to EC Eco Management and Audit Scheme.

2002

General Managers Klaus and Eveline Hering retire.

2005

50 years anniverary of Metoba. Launching a new belt conveyor system with brush-technology.

2007

The novel Metoba-Selective-Technology comes out.

2012

The Production surface is expanded to 1800m²

2014

A new Reel-to-reel plant with focus on selective silver plating was put into operation.

2016

Modernisation and extension of quality assurance

2017

Two further state-of-the-art strip coating lines with a focus on copper, nickel, silver and tin coatings were commissioned.